Herbed Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Cranberry-Tarragon Chutney
Recipe courtesy of James Patrick Kelly.
Makes 4 servings.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5–6 ounces each)
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese (3 ounces goat cheese, mixed with 2 tablespoons sour cream, 1 teaspoon finely chopped flatleaf parsley, and ¼ teaspoon finely ground white pepper)
- 4 ounces cranberry chutney
- Cut lengthwise incisions, about two-inches deep, in the chicken breasts and fill the interior with 1 ounce of the herbed goat cheese.
- Season the exterior of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and then dredge in flour.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan: once it starts to sizzle, sear the stuffed chicken breasts for about 3 minutes on one side until golden brown.
- Flip them, drain excess butter, and place pan in a 350° F oven to finish cooking.
- The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Place chicken breasts on a plate and serve with cranberry chutney.
Photo: Cameron Nagel