The Best Amaretto Sour in the World
No, really. I’m serious. In case you think I’m joking, or that you read that wrong, let me go on the record right now: I make the best Amaretto Souryou’ve ever had in your life. No ifs, ands, or buts about it, my Amaretto Sour dominates and crushes all others out there.
And now, I’m going to share my secrets with you.
There are two things that impede all other Amaretto Sours from challenging mine.
First off, the obvious: they’re too sweet. One does not simply use an everyday sour recipe to make a world-class Amaretto Sour, it must be adjusted for this particular liqueur.
Summary: Jeffery Morgenthaler shares his secrets!
- 1/2 ounce amaretto
- 3/4 ounce cask-proof bourbon (such as Booker’s, from the Jim Beam distillery)
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon 2:1 simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce egg white, beaten
- Dry shake all ingredients to combine, then shake well with cracked ice.
- Strain over fresh ice in an old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with lemon peel and brandied cherries, if desired.
- Serve and grin like an idiot as your friends freak out.
Number of servings (yield): 1