Chefs often look back to fond food memories for inspiration. Dustan Bristol, chef and owner of Brick 29 Bistro in Nampa, Idaho, recalls the freshly harvested fruits and vegetables from his family’s garden.
Recipe: Raspberry Salsa
Summary: A bright salsa to embellish grilled fish or juicy pork chops. Courtesy of James Beard Awards nominee Dustan Bristol, Brick 29 Bistro, Nampa Idaho
- 2 Cups fresh raspberries cut in half (any berries will work)
- 1 / 4 Cup sweet onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 / 4 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 /4 Cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss until the mixture is fuly incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour before using.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
From the July August 2011 Northwest Palate feature Bristol’s Berries by James Patrick Kelly.
Photo: Dana Hopper-Kelly